Wednesday, November 17, 2021

This is awesome!


Well, the truth is that I have been searching for a good distorted guitar sound throughout most of the last twenty years. I haven't been happy until just very recently. And I guess some of the purists now say "ah it's a f**in' program, it's not real" and I will not try to convince you if you are happy. Fact is that on four out of the five Samsara-Albums I have never been happy with the guitar sound and there it was all analog, expensive tube amps, microphones etc. And then this little program came along ... just maybe add a Tube Screamer up front and BAM - That's the sound! By the way in these two decades I now have been checking out various tube amps, the Helix (not completely bad), the Kemper (awful handling), Amplitube (it's okay, until you want to play a solo), Neural DSP (Nolly is not bad) - but - none of them comes even close to Scuffham. Instant happiness for me. Thank you: https://www.scuffhamamps.com