Wednesday, September 15, 2021

SBE - beginning of a long story

I'm going to re-upload some of the historic SAMSARA BLUES EXPERIMENT - material, starting with the earliest documentation from a rehearsal which was the 3rd or 4th get-together with Florian Furtner on bass and Robin Niehoff on drums, and me for the 3rd (or 4th) time in my life on vocals - yet much worse than even the worst LDT-vox LOL - sorry I had to cut that out, but the rest is kinda nice and has a lot of that early 2000s vibe, when everything in "the scene" was still very underground, naive and pure. You may even spot the Tascam tape recorder in the middle of the room, which is kind of hilarious when you think that only ten years later this early necessity became a kind of fetish for some people (I have never sold sth quicker than my old tape recorder in 2017 LOL). Btw the song "Singata (Mystic Queen)" had already been written in our days with GREEN MONKEY (which was  just a temporarily confusion in our days as TERRAPLANE - not sure why we decided to wear another name for some months), and to this day I guess this is the most popular song ... funny, right. Video btw was taken by Flo in Summer 2007, at our rehearsal room in a Christian community center in Wernigerode/Germany. I think we had one more rehearsal in that line up - which is kind of a shame but the move had already been decided for months - before I went to Berlin, where it took about one year to find the line up with Thomas and Richard, and later Hans. I will continue to write about the band history later ...